Heavy on Fashion at the Fashionista.com Panel Discussion in NYC
- Internships are extremely important! A great internship can lead to the right path in the fashion industry and some serious connections. If you are a bit too old to see yourself as an intern, freelancing is a great way to make connections.
- Take risk but make sure they are smart risk.
- Research your dreams and desires. If you want to start any business, know what you are getting into. So research and read up.
- Network your butt off. In the fashion industry, who you know is extremely important. Many people in fashion work with people they enjoy or are friends with.
- Fashion is a social business so get out there and get to know someone.
- Reading is fundamental in fashion or any industry you want to be apart of. The Library, Barnes and Nobles, and Borders should be your best friend.
- Image is everything especially online so keep your eye out on how you look on your facebook and on twitter! You are a brand so act like it!