- Internships are extremely important! A great internship can lead to the right path in the fashion industry and some serious connections. If you are a bit too old to see yourself as an intern, freelancing is a great way to make connections.
- Take risk but make sure they are smart risk.
- Research your dreams and desires. If you want to start any business, know what you are getting into. So research and read up.
- Network your butt off. In the fashion industry, who you know is extremely important. Many people in fashion work with people they enjoy or are friends with.
- Fashion is a social business so get out there and get to know someone.
- Reading is fundamental in fashion or any industry you want to be apart of. The Library, Barnes and Nobles, and Borders should be your best friend.
- Image is everything especially online so keep your eye out on how you look on your facebook and on twitter! You are a brand so act like it!
Vh1's Tough Love Miami @ Shecky's
Host and matchmaker Steve Ward along with fellow match maker and founder of Master Matchmaker Joann Ward (also Steve's Mom!) was at Shecky's giving out some great dating advice to all the ladies in New York!
Don't you just love this dress. Fabulous!
Here is a look at the crowd for Steve and Joann. Many ladies had some awesome question about relationships and dating. I have to say that Steve and Joann gave some grand advice.
Sidenote: I am really loving Joann's style!
When Steve took off his jacket, I knew he was about to get down to business! He did and gave out some much needed Tough Love! Check out their site at http://www.mastermatchm…