Amy Winehouse collection is a go!
Jonwood2 at en.wikipedia [CC-BY-SA-2.5-2.0-1.0, GFDL, CC-BY-SA-3.0, GFDL or CC-BY-SA-2.5-2.0-1.0], from Wikimedia Commons
The Amy Winehouse fashion collection is going to be release according to Fred Perry. The designer has received the OK from the Winehouse family and promised that the new A/W 2011 collection is everything that we will expect and more. The royalties and fee that Amy would have received will be donated to the soon-to-be-established Amy Winehouse Foundation. What a great idea!
As soon I heard about this I headed over to Fred Perry website and I have to say I am loving the use of houndstooth throughout on the collection. Very Amy indeed. Check it out here!
FNO, Vogue, and Polyvore is a match made in fashion heaven
Fashion Night Out is less than a month away and some serious fashion news is coming to all Polyvore fans! Polyvore is holding a crazy good contest for all you digital stylists. There will be 3 themes that center around FNO, from “Fall Wardrobe Essentials” to “What to Wear on FNO” and “Dress a Style Icon for Fashion Week. The celebrity judges will be Blake Lively, Alexander Wang, Grace Coddington.
The person with the best fashion sense will be declared the winner! The winner of the Polyvore/FNO contest will win a trip with a guest to NYC to attend a photo shoot by Vogue magazine and a tour of the infamous Vogue fashion closet! This contest starts August 15 and ends September 8th, so make sure you sign up and get your digital SLR cameras ready!
Go here for more info on the contest in detail
Project Runway Allstars
All your fabulous favorites and not so fabulous designers are back for Project Runway Allstar! Yes the All Star show is on and look at the cast, I see some drama occurring. Dare I saw it will be more
interesting than regular Project Runway.
So what will one lucky former contest will win, Here is a rundown:
- An exclusive designer’s boutique in select Neiman Marcus stores and on NeimanMarcus.com,
- $100,000 dollars in technology and office space to help grow their business from HP and Intel,
- $100,000 cash from L’Oreal Paris,
- a feature spread in Marie Claire
- Guest editor for one year for Marie Claire
- Sewing and embroidery studio provided by Brother International.
Here is the list of the Project Runway Cast
- Austin Scarlett (New York, NY) Season 1, Fourth Place ( #TEAMAUSTIN!)
- Kara Janx: (New York, NY) Season 2, Fourth Place
- Elisa Jimenez: (New York, NY) Season 4, Tenth Place
- Rami Kashou: (Los Angeles, CA) Season 4, Runner-up
- Sweet P/Kathleen Vaughn: (Pasadena, CA) Season 4, Fifth Place
- Jerell Scott: (New York, NY) Season 5, Fourth Place
- Kenley Collins: (Brooklyn, NY) Season 5, Second Runner-up
- Gordana Gehlhausen: (San Diego, CA) Season 6, Fourth Place
- Anthony Williams: Season 7, Fifth Place (He is doing a great job as the stylist for VH1's Single Ladies)
- Mila Hermanovski: (Los Angeles, CA) Season 7, Second Runner-up
- April Johnston: (Savannah, GA) Season 8, Fifth Place
- Michael Costello: (Palm Springs, CA) Season 8, Fourth Place
- Mondo Guerra: (Denver, CO) Season 8, Runner-up (Great talent! He should have won Season 8)